Subject: Re: Cgafaq math rendering

[[[Totally OT]]]

Kaba wrote:
> those seem like ok. I wonder if Matt or Ken are reading this thread? We
> want better math rendering:)

I'm sure that at least one of them is reading this thread ;-)

> Quoting from Przemyslaw who quotes G.H. Hardy:
> "Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world
> for ugly mathematics."

And to the Hardy's quote, it refers mostly to the mathematical theory
rather then its presentation. Often the most beautifull theories are
first presented in a really awfull form.

For example Srinivasa Ramanujan (who worked closely with Godfrey Harold
Hardy) presented often the beautifull theories in almost unreadable
form. Alexander Grothendieck is/was an even more drastic example of
this tendency.

Przemek

--
"Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place
in the world for ugly mathematics." G.H. Hardy

Cgafaq math rendering =>Re: Cgafaq math rendering =>