Subject: Re: Basic perspective/normal q

"Hans-Bernhard Broeker" wrote in message
> [Jongware] wrote:
>
>> Well, my C compiler doesn't accept
>> > (P-P0).N = 0
>
> Of course it doesn't --- that's not C, it's vector algebra. The '.'
> in particular is a scalar product operator. I had assumed that much
> to be obvious to somebody who just implemented matrix-vector
> multiplication.

I've done (semi!) 3D for years, never "needed" matrices nor vectors.
That is, now I start to appreciate them. Ah well, it has been 20-some years
since I did my exams in math, which *did* feature 3D -- with pen and
paper --, scalar products and all. It's just one of those things you have to
keep up, or pay the price later (i.e., now).
Now you got me worrying about ever needing again the statistics,
electronics, mechanics, nuclear physics, astronomy, and etymology I remember
knowing once.

[jw]
---
"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out."

Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>Re: Basic perspective/normal q =>