Subject: Re: 3D rotation estimate via least squares

"Jason Grant" wrote in message
news:pan.2006.05.10.00.26.45.216119@logular.com...
> Thanks for the great response - I had stalled whilst pondering this, but
> your answer will now get me rolling again. Will try and figure out the
> partial derivatives by myself (I'm using quaternions to describe the
> rotations).

Using quaternions is probably a bit simpler. An
issue I failed to point out in my last post is that
not all the components of C[n] are independent.
You need to differentiate with respect to the
independent variables only. It is easy enough
to do this in a quaternion approach.

--
Dave Eberly
http://www.geometrictools.com

3D rotation estimate via least squares =>Re: 3D rotation estimate via least squares =>Re: 3D rotation estimate via least squares =>