Subject: Re: 3D rotation estimate via least squares

On Tue, 09 May 2006 14:58:57 +0000, Dave Eberly wrote:
> Taking first-order
> partial derivatives with respect to these components and
> setting to zero produces a linear system of equations
> that you may solve numerically.

Dave,

Thanks for the great response - I had stalled whilst pondering this, but
your answer will now get me rolling again. Will try and figure out the
partial derivatives by myself (I'm using quaternions to describe the
rotations).

Thanks again,

Jason.

3D rotation estimate via least squares =>Re: 3D rotation estimate via least squares =>