Subject: Re: Saving RAW file in PSE3?
I searched for nef files using my XP explorer search function. No luck, which is strange because the thumbnail nef files are still visable in my PSE3 organizer. (Only the two I tried to edit are unviewable torn-page icons.)
Here are some answers to your questions:
1. I always download from my card and not the camera. I insert my card and use "file" then "obtain from card reader" to bring into the organizer. The nef files were saved to my hard drive from the start.
2. I always delete images from my card once I download to my computer. There would be nothing I could re-locate from my card. (William: itis possible I am not understanding what you are getting at here. So try me again if you think my answer shows lack of understanding.)
3. In order to get my Adobe RAW plug-in to work properly, I uninstalled ALL nikon software and removed the Nikon nef plug-in from PSE3. I had saved the RAW files to my hard drive before the uninstall process. Would this cause any problems reading those nef files? Maybe I need to start anew with a couple of brand new RAW images?
4. I still have some RAW images in my organizer. I could try to edit those, save to something else, and see if that works. But I will await further instructions from you guys first.
5. One thought: I have seen people recommend "purging the thumbnail cache"? I have certainly never done this because I have no idea how or why. Would this be a possible solution? Is there a way to do this in PSE3?
I hope this is not too baffling for you experts. It is certainly lost on me. Thanks so much in advance for any other help!
View All Messages in adobe.photoshop.camera.raw
Saving RAW file in PSE3? =>
Copyright © 2006 WatermarkFactory.com. All Rights Reserved.