Subject: Re: ++ Debugging ACR 3.x Installation Problems ++
Understood guys. But let me make a few points.
1. Clearly I'm not the only one who had this problem. In fact, I wasn't the first person in this THREAD to have the problem.
2. I'm fairly computer savvy, and have worked with Photoshop for several years.
3. Yes, it does say c: in point 3, but I find it odd that in point 4 it does say Program Files/.... A very strange way to write it. Also, the c: drive is the default installation drive, so it's not idiocy for someone to assume that the file would be located on the same drive as you selected for installation.
4. This is not about technically right or wrong. I never said that the instructions were wrong. I merely was trying to make a suggestion that would help people avoid the same trap I fell into. Was it my mistake? Yes. Would my clarifying suggestion perhaps help others avoid making the mistake I did. I would hope so. Also, as someone else suggested in this thread, Adobe SHOULD have written an installation program for the ACR 3.1 upgrade that did the placing automatically. After all, EVERYONE knew that ACR3.1 would be released shortly after the release for CS2...in fact Mr. Knoll himself was quoted in other forums about when D2X compatibility would actually happen.
5. The purpose of these forums is to be helpful to other users--not to be patronizing or rude. I'm a big Photoshop fan, and a loyal customer. I'm also in the service industry, and I would bet that customer service experts would raise an eyebrow or two about the tone contained in certain messages in this thread, including from an Adobe employee.
Just my two cents. Flame away if you must. But you might want to take a look at what I actually suggested in my last message before lighting up the torch.
View All Messages in adobe.photoshop.camera.raw
++ Debugging ACR 3.x Installation Problems ++ =>
Copyright © 2006 WatermarkFactory.com. All Rights Reserved.